Go First plane takes off without taking 55 passengers at Bengaluru airport?

Passengers claim that the Go First flight from Bengaluru, India to Delhi was not accompanied by a busload. File

According to reports, a Go First plane headed for Delhi on January 9 left the city’s airport without transporting more than 50 passengers. The incident was reported to DGCA by aviation watchdog on Tuesday.

“… “In the instant instance, multiple mistakes like lack of proper communication and co-ordination have resulted into a highly preventable situation,” stated the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in a statement.

The regulator has given the show cause notice for Chief Operation officer/Accountable Manager of Go First, explaining why they should not be prosecuted for failing to comply with their regulatory obligations.

“However, in order to adhere to the principles of natural justice they have been given 2 weeks to respond to DGCA. Based upon that further action will also be taken,” said the statement.

On Tuesday, passengers posted on social media that they believed that a busload was missing from the Go First flight Bengaluru-Delhi. According to them, the flight G8 116 took off at 6.40 a.m. on Monday.

Go First refused to comment.

Responding to one of the tweets however, the airline asked the passengers to share their details and stated: “We regret any inconvenience caused.”

“Flight 116 [BLR–DEL] left passengers on ground. There were more than 50 passengers in 1 bus that were left on the ground. The flight took off with only one bus passenger. Is @GoFirstairways @JM_Scindia #PMOIndia sleeping? “No Basic checks!” Satish Kumar tweeted this message to passengers.

Shreya Sinha (another passenger) also complained via Twitter. She wrote, “most horrifying Experience with @GoFirstairways 5;35 a.m. Boarded a bus for aircraft 6:30 A.M. Driver forced to stop bus carrying over 50 passengers. Flying G8 116, 50+ passengers are left behind. High heights of negligence

Leave a Comment